From airport lounges to distribution centers and city-center car parks, the World’s leading code access system is also delivering secure, convenient control of doors, gates and barriers, without the hassle of issuing and collecting cards or tokens.
- Streamlining barrier control at distribution centers
- Reserving parking for customers in busy, city-center locations
- Controlling access to lounges at airports and other venues
How it works
Codax makes light work of access control for your customers, staff and site visitors. These are the three simple steps that they follow:
- Authorize access. Your staff use the simple, dedicated Codax terminal to select the required product or service. If you have just a single barrier or door to control, the process is even simpler. The Codax system immediately generates a unique and secure access code.
- Print the code for the customer. The Codax terminal prints the six-digit access code onto a slip of paper for the customer. Because the paper is bright yellow, it is unlikely to get lost before they have a chance to use it.
- Enter the code to gain access. At the door or barrier, all that the user needs to do is enter the six-digit code on the keypad. The door or barrier opens immediately.
The Codax system has provided millions of people with easy access to carwashes and similar services for more than a decade. Its simplicity and reliability have been proven beyond doubt.
Ease of installation
Codax keypads can be installed on most types of equipment, old or new. They are sufficiently compact to be mounted flush on most panels or walls. They are also designed to cope easily with installation in exposed, outdoor positions.
Where the Codax system is controlling a vehicle barrier, our free-standing pedestals provides the customer with easy access at the right height, so they do not have to stretch or leave their vehicle.
There is no need to run cables between the ticket-issuing terminal and the access controller: The two are pre-configured as a pair so recognize their own set of valid codes. This makes Codax perfect for controlling access no matter whether the issuing point is nearby or at a distance from the barrier/door.
Flexibility in use
You may choose to limit the validity of any of your Codax codes, in line with your product pricing or conditions of service.
- Time limits. You may set a code to expire within a set time of being issued. For example, a code may be valid only on the day of issue.
- Off-peak hours. If you want to provide different levels of access at different times (for example at city centre car parks), you can issue Codax codes that are only valid during defined off-peak periods.
- Multi-point access. If you have two adjacent barriers, your customers are free to choose the one most convenient for them. Once the Codax controller has granted access at one barrier, it informs its counterpart so that the code cannot be re-used there either.
For more or information or to discuss your specific requirements, please contact us.