CB Services, operators of forecourts and carwash services in Northern Ireland, are the latest to install self-service carwash kiosks with contactless – or PIN-free – card readers.
There is a clear trend across Europe to use bank cards more, even for low value transactions. Contactless payments are increasing 174% year on year and in the UK, consumers can pay for services up to £30 (€40) in value.
With this in mind, the team at CB Services decided that the time was right to install new carwash kiosks that allow customers to self-select and pay for carwash services, with contactless or chip and PIN card payments but not cash.
The two new carwash machines, installed at EuroSpar in Belfast and Super Value in Ballymoney Antrim, are both located some distance from the main store, so they are choosing to operate the automatic car wash installations as standalone, unattended services. By installing PSD Codax Pay at Wash kiosks they are enabling customers to drive up and pay for a car wash without having to queue in-store.
CB Services chose Codax Pay at Wash kiosks because they make it so quick and easy for customers to drive up to the wash bay, select a programme and pay. These units also eliminate the security issues around cash boxes in machines out on the forecourt.
Codax Pay at Wash kiosks are in use throughout the World with contactless card payments also being accepted at sites in the Netherlands.
Codax has always been the leader in delivering a simpler, more enjoyable customer experience at the wash bay, thanks to a clear and clean user interface. With Codax barcode scanning at the wash bay it has now got even better.
More of our resellers are now including the option of barcode scanning for their new client installations:
- Our new ticket issue terminal, CTT3, includes the option to print access codes in barcode format. This is also available through many POS linked systems.
- Codax barcode is perfect for new installations as well as upgrades / retro-fit installations.
As well as rigorous testing by our R&D team, the Codax barcode system was trialled for over a year at busy forecourt sites. Customer feedback has been excellent: carwash users love its ease of use and its reliability.
Read more about barcodes at the wash bay or contact us to discuss options for your carwash or jet-wash installation.
Since we launched the Codax range of unattended payment kiosks, we have received tremendous feedback from the operators of both traditional forecourts and vehicle wash centres:
- At dedicated wash centres, Codax Select&Pay kiosks mean they don’t need staff to handle cash. Owners have told us they feel secure knowing that customers are paying for every wash, simply and efficiently from the Codax Select&Pay kiosk.
- Where Codax Pay@Wash Kiosks have been installed on traditional forecourts, owners have reported increased sales of their more expensive wash programmes. Perhaps they attract busier, wealthier customers or maybe marketing messages on the machines encourage people to upgrade. Either way, customers get a better wash and the operator profits.
Codax unattended payment kiosks are now being used across the UK, Europe and in Australia. Installations are quite varied:
For example in San Sebastian, Spain, a Pay@Wash kiosk is controlling a single WashTec conveyor, while at Karcher wash centres across Norway and Sweden, Select&Pay machines provide the centralised pay points. In the UK, major supermarkets are complementing the classic Codax codes that are sold in-store with the convenience of Pay@Wash machines on the forecourt.
Customers in different cultures expect different experiences, so you can specify the perfect Codax kiosk from modular options:
- Payment by bank card or cash, with or without change
- Top-up the credit on a prepay wash card
- Select services and programmes using a touch screen or traditional buttons
- Add voice prompts, with clear instructions in your chosen language
- Mounting through a wall or in a freestanding unit
How much would you gain from installing unattended payment kiosks for your customers?
You can order brochures (available in several languages) or please get in touch if you would like more information.