Codax has always been the leader in delivering a simpler, more enjoyable customer experience at the wash bay, thanks to a clear and clean user interface. With Codax barcode scanning at the wash bay it has now got even better.
More of our resellers are now including the option of barcode scanning for their new client installations:
- Our new ticket issue terminal, CTT3, includes the option to print access codes in barcode format. This is also available through many POS linked systems.
- Codax barcode is perfect for new installations as well as upgrades / retro-fit installations.
As well as rigorous testing by our R&D team, the Codax barcode system was trialled for over a year at busy forecourt sites. Customer feedback has been excellent: carwash users love its ease of use and its reliability.
Read more about barcodes at the wash bay or contact us to discuss options for your carwash or jet-wash installation.
Since we launched the Codax range of unattended payment kiosks, we have received tremendous feedback from the operators of both traditional forecourts and vehicle wash centres:
- At dedicated wash centres, Codax Select&Pay kiosks mean they don’t need staff to handle cash. Owners have told us they feel secure knowing that customers are paying for every wash, simply and efficiently from the Codax Select&Pay kiosk.
- Where Codax Pay@Wash Kiosks have been installed on traditional forecourts, owners have reported increased sales of their more expensive wash programmes. Perhaps they attract busier, wealthier customers or maybe marketing messages on the machines encourage people to upgrade. Either way, customers get a better wash and the operator profits.
Codax unattended payment kiosks are now being used across the UK, Europe and in Australia. Installations are quite varied:
For example in San Sebastian, Spain, a Pay@Wash kiosk is controlling a single WashTec conveyor, while at Karcher wash centres across Norway and Sweden, Select&Pay machines provide the centralised pay points. In the UK, major supermarkets are complementing the classic Codax codes that are sold in-store with the convenience of Pay@Wash machines on the forecourt.
Customers in different cultures expect different experiences, so you can specify the perfect Codax kiosk from modular options:
- Payment by bank card or cash, with or without change
- Top-up the credit on a prepay wash card
- Select services and programmes using a touch screen or traditional buttons
- Add voice prompts, with clear instructions in your chosen language
- Mounting through a wall or in a freestanding unit
How much would you gain from installing unattended payment kiosks for your customers?
You can order brochures (available in several languages) or please get in touch if you would like more information.
The product development team at PSD Codax has been busy developing new solutions to make it easier for retailers to up-sell car wash services and for customers to use them.
They include the new Codax select and pay terminal which has a specially positioned touch screen. Codax managing director Graham Round said: “Touch screens are always an issue in open sunlight but careful mounting of the screen shields it from direct sunlight to avoid glare.”
The new terminals can accept pin-free bank transactions – similar to contactless payments in shops – which means motorists don’t have to key in a PIN number or queue at the sales desk to pay. And if they run out of wash credits on their multi-wash smartcard, they can top it up at Codax terminals with their bank card day or night.
“Many motorists already pay for their petrol at the pump and providers of automated car wash services need to do the same in order to attract and retain customers,” added Graham. “It suits our busy life styles to be able to drive straight into the wash bay.”
He continued: “Our new touch screen terminals create more opportunities for up-selling as well by asking customers if they would like extra services, such as extra pre-wash and vacuum services.”
Codax is also introducing voice instructions on its unattended select & pay and pay at wash terminals to make them easier for customers to use.
The new self-service machines talk customers through the different services and options and feature the latest bankcard processing technology for faster payment authorisation. Voice files can be easily changed to enable retailers around the world to provide spoken instructions in local languages.